Epstein ranch under criminal investigation after ‘buried bodies’ claim – Reuters

0
Epstein ranch under criminal investigation after ‘buried bodies’ claim – Reuters

A newly released email reportedly alleges that two foreign girls were strangled during “fetish sex” and buried in New Mexico

Public land near what was once Jeffrey Epstein’s Zorro Ranch has gone under criminal probe after a newly released email alleged that two foreign girls were buried there after being killed during violent sexual acts, Reuters reported Thursday.

The probe follows the release of the Epstein files, totaling over 3.5 million pages, which has prompted a wave of resignations and renewed investigations worldwide into alleged human trafficking and other crimes linked to Epstein’s network.

A key focus of the probe is the previously classified 2019 email sent to New Mexico radio host Eddy Aragon, the news agency noted. The sender, claiming to be a former Zorro Ranch employee, reportedly alleged that two foreign girls had been buried on Epstein’s orders. The message reportedly claims the girls were buried “somewhere in the hills outside the Zorro” and had died “by strangulation during rough, fetish sex.”

Aragon said he believed the email was legitimate and forwarded it to the FBI. A 2021 FBI report included in the latest release says he visited the bureau’s office to report an email offering seven abuse videos and burial coordinates in exchange for one bitcoin.

Epstein bought Zorro Ranch, located near New Mexico’s town of Stanley, in 1993 and built a hilltop mansion. Nearby was a private airstrip with a hangar and helipad. The property also included a ranch office, a firehouse and a seven-bay heated garage.

New Mexico’s Department of Justice announced Thursday that a criminal investigation, closed back in 2019, was reopened after reviewing previously sealed FBI files included in the release. A spokesperson told Reuters that the state had requested an unredacted copy of a 2019 email containing the allegations and that authorities “are actively investigating this allegation and conducting a broader review in light of the latest release.”

New Mexico state prosecutors said in a statement that the review will focus on preserving any remaining evidence and following the facts “wherever they lead,” while carefully evaluating jurisdictional matters.

Epstein, who pleaded guilty in 2008 to soliciting prostitution and was sentenced to 18 months in prison for raping a minor, was arrested again in 2019 on charges of human trafficking and exploiting victims for prostitution. He died in jail ahead of his trial. The US Department of Justice has gradually released relevant materials under the Epstein Files Transparency Act.

Comments are closed.